Road race schedule, 1999
- Jan 30
- Stew Chase 15K; Lynn, MA; results.
- Feb 28
- Jones-Town and Country 10M; Amherst, MA; USATF New England Grand Prix; results.
- Mar 14
- Law Enforcement Half Marathon; Melrose, MA; USATF New England Grand Prix; results; photos.
- May 22
- Bedford Rotary 12K; Bedford, NH; USATF New England Grand Prix; results.
- Jun 12
- Market Square Day 10K; Portsmouth, NH; USATF New England Grand Prix; results.
- Sep 12
- Brewery Exchange 5K; 12:00 men, 12:30 women; Lowell, MA; USATF New England Grand Prix; Contact: 978 453-1787; results; photos.
- Sep 25
- Lake Winnipesaukee Relay; results; photos.
- Oct 3
- Ro-Jacks 8K; 1:00; Attleboro, MA; USATF New England Grand Prix; results; photos.
- Oct 11
- Tufts 10K for Women (women only); noon; Women’s national 10K championship; results; photos.
- Oct 25
- Cape Cod Marathon; Falmouth, MA; USATF New England Grand Prix;
GBTC Road Race Grand Prix
The club holds its own grand prix competition during the road racing season. The rules are simple:
- Winners will be designated in the following divisions: male and female “open”, 40-49, 50-59, and 60+.
- Points will be awarded for running in the USATF New England Grand Prix road races in the schedule above.
- For each race and within each division, the points awarded are 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 points for finishing 1st, 2nd, …, 9th among club members running in the division.
We will pull the race results off the Cool Running page, so make sure you list GBTC as your club affiliation, because that’s the easiest way to flag club members. Contact Russ Miller at (617) 972-4326 or firstname.lastname@example.org with comments and questions.