Club members Ayana Alexander, Tim Bailey, Crystal Bourque, Sean Duncan, Daniel Hutcherson, Bryan Kolacz, Samyr Laine, Devotia Moore, Ruben Sanca, and Lisa Wilson are all contenders for berths on national teams at the 2012 Olympics. You can follow these members as they prepare for the Olympics on their personal blogs listed below.
You can support these club members by contributing to the GBTC Olympic Fund with the paypal button below. All donations will be distributed to GBTC athletes who will either travel to the U.S. Olympic Trials or Olympic Summer Games.
- Event: Hammer Throw
- Top performances: Personal Best 61.86 and Season best 61.61m done at Penn Relays
- Qualifying Standards: A standard 68.00m, B standard 64.00m
- Event: 800 Meters
- Top performances: 2:03.45 (Outdoor 2011), 2:03.97 (Outdoor 2012)
- Qualifying standards: A standard 2:01.30, B standard 2:05.00
- Blog: www.devotiamoore.com
It is so exciting to have hard work rewarded in the form of a spot at the Olympic Trials. It is even more exhilarating to be able to travel to Eugene to compete for the chance to represent Team USA at this summer’s Olympic Games. Funds raised through GBTC’s website would enable me to afford necessities of flights, hotel, and a rental car while I participate in the culminating event of my career.
- Event: 5000m
- Top performances: PR 13:56.46, Season best 14:06.26
- Qualifying Standard:13:21 A standard, 13:28 B standard
- Funds raised through GBTC’s web site will enable Ruben to travel and get physiotherapy.
- Blog: www.rubensanca.com