GBTC Invitational Indoor Track Meet
Gordon Indoor Track Facility
Sunday, January 20, 2013, 9:00 a.m.
Men’s performance list
Women’s performance list
The GBTC Invitational indoor track meet is held each January at the Gordon Indoor Track Facility on the Harvard University campus at 95 North Harvard Street in Allston. While the meet is open to runners of all abilities — one goal of the meet is to provide road runners an introduction to the thrill of indoor racing — the meet is well-known to New England’s best track athletes as a place to find top-notch competition.
For the 2013 meet, the meet information brochure and meet entry instructions are available now. Other information such as the event list, the meet schedule, and the list of invitational events will appear hear soon.
GBTC Invitational entry instructions
Meet registration is now closed. Please contact the meet directors at email@example.com for answers to any questions you may have. Prior to closure, entry into the 2013 GBTC Invitational consisted of two steps:
- Entry form: Use the meet entry form (starting January 7) at DirectAthletics to enter individuals and teams into events at the meet. If you have never used DirectAthletics before, you will have to create an account on their web site, and you may find their help information useful.
- Entry fee: Use the payment buttons below to pay entry fees via PayPal. Entry fees are nonrefundable (they are entry fees and not participation fees), and we will not refund entry fees in the case of inclement weather, meet cancellation, scratches or non-appearance by the athlete. Teams that do not wish to pay online must notify us in advance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and must make checks payable to Greater Boston Track Club.
Both steps must be completed on or before January 15 for on-time registration and January 17 for late registration. There will be no post entries.
Entry and Payment Deadline
|Meet registration is now closed. Please contact the meet directors at email@example.com for answers to any questions you may have.|
|Late entry:||RECEIVED by Thursday, January 17, 11:59 p.m. No day-of. Must be emailed directly to event director.|
|Individuals:||$25 per event|
|Teams:||$500 per team, with men and women separate.|
Use the buttons below to pay entry fees.
GBTC Invitational races and prize money
At the 2013 meet, GBTC will award prize money to eligible winners in several invitational events, including $100 each for winners of the Invitational 800, mile, and 3000. The invitational races are as follows:
- Invitational 200m (men and women) sponsored by GBTC
- Invitational 300m (mixed) sponsored by GBTC
- Invitational 400m (men and women) sponsored by Core Power
- Invitational 600m (mixed) sponsored by Energy Bits
- Invitational 800m (men and women) sponsored by DirectAthletics
- Invitational 1000m (mixed) sponsored by Janji
- Bill Squires mile (men and women) sponsored by GBTC
- Invitational Scholastic mile (boys and girls) sponsored by GBTC
- Invitational 3000m (men) sponsored by Level Renner
- Invitational 3000m (women) sponsored by Active Recovery Boston
Additional prize money will be awarded for meet records* and USATF National Qualifiers**. Additional sponsorship merchandise will be available at the meet and to event winners.
*Meet record bonuses: For any eligible open athlete who breaks a GBTC Invite Meet Record – $100 (up to 3 prizes – if more than 3 records, the winners split a pot of $300) prize.
**USATF National Qualifiers: For all eligible non-collegiate open USATF athletes who earn USATF indoor national standard qualifiers at our 2012 invitational and are eligible to represent the US at the 2012 national indoor championship – $100 (up to 3 prizes – if more than 3 qualifiers, the winners split a pot of $300) awarded after competing at nationals.
For more information, contact
PO Box 170203
Boston, MA 02117
2009 results and pictures
2008 results and pictures
2005 was snowed out
2004 results and club performances
2001 results and story
2000 results and pictures
1999 results and pictures
1998 results and pictures
2012 meet information and event schedule
2011 meet information and event schedule
2010 meet information and event schedule
2009 meet information (pdf) and event schedule (pdf)
2008 meet information (pdf) and event schedule (pdf)
2007 entry form (pdf) and event schedule (pdf)
2006 entry form (pdf) and event schedule (pdf)
2004 entry form
2003 entry form
2002 entry form
2001 entry form
2000 entry form
1999 entry form
1998 entry form
1997 entry form
1995 entry form