Gordon Indoor Track Facility
Sunday, January 19, 1997
Contact the meet director by calling Jim O’Brien at (617) 282-5537 after 6 p.m. or writing email@example.com.
Contact the Greater Boston Track Club by writing to Greater Boston Track Club, PO Box 183, Back Bay Annex, Boston, MA 02117-0183; by calling our hotline (617) 499-4844; by sending email; or by visiting our home page.
- Location: Harvard University, Gordon Indoor Track, 79 North Harvard Street, Allston, MA, located directly behind Harvard Stadium.
- Entry Deadline: Sunday, January 12, 1997. No post entries!
- Eligibility: The meet is sanctioned by USA Track & Field. All athletes must have a valid USATF card (one that expires December 31, 1997). Only currently eligible collegiate athletes may compete without USATF cards, provided their coaches enter them. Coaches are encouraged to have their athletes register with USATF. For information about obtaining a USATF card, contact USA Track & Field/New England, PO Box 1905, Brookline, MA 02146, or call (617) 566-7600. The USATF/NE Web site is at http://www.usatfne.org/.
- USATF Table: The USATF/NE will have a table set up at the meet for membership and schedule information.
- Participation: Each athlete may enter two individual events and one relay.
- Pole Vault: Opening height for men is 14 feet.
- Numbers: Available in the lobby of the track facility near the athletes’ entrance. Your number will also be your facility pass. No athlete will be admitted without a number. Coaches be sure your athletes receive their numbers before entering the facility.
- Seeding: The afternoon sections will serve as the seeded sections for the 800m and up. Please be sure to note that there will be trials and finals for all straightaway events and for the 200m and 400m. All seeding will be done by the Seeding Committee, whose decisions are final. (Athletes who wish to be considered for seeded sections MUST submit verifiable performances from the current indoor season, including place and date of performance.) All other sections will be seeded by the clerks. Seeding information will be available on Saturday, January 18, by calling the GBTC Meet Hotline number listed below. If in doubt, assume that an athlete is unseeded.
- Honest Effort Rule: Athletes who qualify for a final must compete in, and make an honest effort in, the final of that event. If an athlete fails to do so, they will be disqualified from further competition in the meet, including relays.
- Check-In: All athletes must report to the clerk no later than 15 minutes before their scheduled event. Failure to do so will result in the athletes being scratched from the event.
- Masters/Seniors Events: 55m, 200m, 400m, 800m, Mile, 2 Mile, Shot Put, Weight, and 4 x 220y and 4 x 880y relays.
- Results: Will be posted during the meet. FAT will be used for all straightaway events and for all afternoon finals.
- Medical: A trainer will be in attendance.
- Lockers/Showers: There are NO lockers or showers available.
- General Admission: $5. Spectators must use the upstairs entrance to the facility.
- Refreshments: A general concession stand serving food and beverages will be open throughout the meet.
- Meet Hotels: Sheraton-Needham Hotel, 100 Cabot St., Needham, contact Suki Resnic-Lapin in Sales, (617) 444-1110; Howard Johnson’s, 777 Memorial Dr., Cambridge, contact Deb Raimondi in Sales, (617) 262-2900.
- Drug Information: Athletes in USATF sanctioned meets may be subject to drug testing according to USATF rules and IAAF rule 144. If you have questions about controlled substances, call the US Olympic Committee Hotline at 1-800-233-0393.
- Web Site: http://www.gbtc.org
- Meet Director: Jim O’Brien, (617) 282-5537 (after 6 p.m.).
- Games Committee: Bill Okerman, Friends of Harvard Track, and Steve Vaitones, USA Track & Field/New England
- We look forward to seeing you on January 19, 1997.
Note: The final schedule will be based upon actual number of entries.
On the oval
|9:30 a.m.||4 x 1 Mile Relay||M||Final|
|9:55 a.m.||3000m walk||M/W||Final|
|10:15 a.m.||3000m||W||Seeded & Unseeded|
|10:35 a.m.||3000m||M||Seeded & Unseeded|
|12:10 p.m.||Masters 400m||M/W||Final|
|12:55 p.m.||Masters 200m||M/W||Final|
|2:15 p.m.||Masters/Seniors 800m||M||Final|
|2:20 p.m.||GBTC Invitational Mile||W||Final|
|2:30 p.m.||GBTC Invitational Mile||M||Final|
|2:40 p.m.||GBTC Invitational 800m||W||Final|
|2:45 p.m.||GBTC Invitational 800m||M||Final|
|3:10 p.m.||Masters/Seniors Mile||M/W||Final|
|3:30 p.m.||Masters/Seniors 2 Mile||M||Final|
|3:45 p.m.||4 x 220y Masters||M/W||Final|
|3:50 p.m.||4 x 220y||W||Final|
|3:55 p.m.||4 x 880y||M||Final|
|4:10 p.m.||4 x 440y||W||Final|
|4:20 p.m.||4 x 440y||M||Final|
On the straightaway
|10:00 a.m.||Long Jump||W||Final|
|10:00 a.m.||Shot Put||W||Final|
|11:30 a.m.||Long Jump||M||Final|
|11:30 a.m.||35 lb. Weight||M||Final|
|11:30 a.m.||Pole Vault||W||Final|
|12:00 a.m.||High Jump||W||Final|
|1:00 p.m.||Pole Vault||M||Final|
|1:00 p.m.||20 lb. Weight||W||Final|
|(to follow 20 lb. Weight)||Shot Put||M||Final|
|(to follow Open Shot)||Masters Shot Put||M/W||Final|
|(to follow Masters Shot)||Masters Weight||M||Final|
|2:00 p.m.||Triple Jump||W||Final|
|(to follow W Triple Jump)||Triple Jump||M||Final|
|2:30 p.m.||High Jump||M||Final|
- Age on 1/19/97:
- Master (over 40)?:
- USATF Number:
- High School:
- Check here if unattached:
Events: (Maximum of two individual events and one relay.)
Event Best Recent Mark Date and Place 1. 2.
Team entries should be listed below.
Entry Fee: $9 per entry. Maximum team fee of $175 (Men’s and Women’s teams are separate.) Make checks payable to: Greater Boston Track Club. The entry fee MUST accompany your entry.
Entry Address: Mail this entry with your entry fee to GBTC Invitational, Greater Boston Track Club, PO Box 183, Back Bay Annex, Boston, MA 02117-0183.
Entry Deadline: Sunday, January 12, 1997. Absolutely no post entries!
Signature/Date: You or your coach must sign and date your entry. Failure to do so will result in immediate rejection of your entry. Entrants under 18 years of age also must have the signature of a parent or legal guardian.
Waiver: In consideration of your accepting this entry, I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators, waive and release any and all rights and claims for damages I may have against the 1997 Greater Boston Track Club Invitational, the Greater Boston Track Club, the Friends of Harvard Track, USA Track & Field/New England, Harvard University, their agents, representatives, assignees, or sponsors for any and all injuries, damages, and/or claims which I might otherwise have arising out of said event. I attest and verify that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained for this competition. As a coach, I sign for the athletes entered by me.
- Coach or individual signature/Parent or legal guardian (if under 18):
Team Entries: Please use separate forms for Men and Women.
Name USATF No. Event(s) Best Recent Marks/Place and Time 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20.